Friday, September 25, 2009

Suprise

Bet you thought it would be another couple of months before I posted. lol Well, we had our first snow a couple of days ago. It didn't stay but I'm sure we'll get some more in the next couple of days. I so love Alaska and even the Alaskan winters! I think that it really helps that I get out of the house to do stuff too.

Tomorrow is a sneak peak preview of Whip it at our local theater. I am so thinking that it would cool to see it before we are all derby'd up next week and recruiting at the actual opening. I also should be getting my new skates within the next couple of days. I'm super excited about that. I loved my old ones but they were rookie skates that wouldn't have lasted me that much longer as they were vinyl and the new ones are leather. Plus I got some sugar wheels so I'm excited to try them out as a bunch of the rest of the girls love them.

Back on to some Alaska stuff and off of derby although I could talk derby for hours! lol Twice this week we've had a mama moose and her babies in the front yard eating our tree. Way cool. I was talking to my mom yesterday on how it is cool that we've had animals in our front yard just about everywhere we lived. In SC it was deer, in TX it was the lizards and here the moose. Really cool considering I am such an outdoors chick and love just watching animals.

Well, it is just about time for the hubby to come home for lunch so I'm going to go!

No comments: