Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Birthday to the good ol' US of A! I don't know about the rest of you but we are going to see the fireworks tonight! Well, I don't know...if the kids keep acting up we just might not. So wish me luck that they straighten their acts out! We went last year and it was a lot of fun. They had lasted awhile too.

On another note, I dyed my hair today or I should correct myself, I dyed my bangs. I was going to go see my hairdresser but she wasn't it. I might still go see her tomorrow. Well, for the first time in like 12 years I have funky colored hair! The bangs are BLUE! I had to do them 2 times! I followed the directions the first time and they looked like crap. It said to shampoo the color out. Well that left me with a faded light light light blue. So, the second time I did it I just rinsed my bangs out until the water ran clear. They are so much brighter now. I don't know if I'm going to keep them this way though. I was thinking about going all black including the bangs and then putting some chunky red streaks in it. We'll see. I'll have to ask Terry tomorrow when I see her. I'm going on almost a year with the black hair and blonde bangs so I think it's about time for a change.

I can't wait for next weekend! Saturday we're going to bring all our yard sale stuff over to a friends to sell. We usually finish up around 11/12ish so I'm hoping it will be the same. That is early enough to then jump in the car and drive to Oklahoma for a week! We're trying to get all our family visits in before departing for Alaska. Should be a blast...I always love going up there. Plus, Jobi is going to have Tom, his step-dad, do his re-enlistment. Tom is a retired officer so it is really awesome that he'll do this! I'm sure that Jobi's mom is going to cry but it is a fun all in family thing to do. I can't wait to go since this may be the last time we see some of these friends until we're done with our tour up north!

Cross your fingers for my boys (and me!) I really want to see the fireworks
tonight!

No comments: