Thursday, July 3, 2008

And We Have Take-Off!

So yesterday I found out that all of things that needed to be done to get orders are done! That means hopefully by the end of this month all of our stuff will be out of our house! On to selling this bad boy. I am super hoping that it goes fast! I figured we have enough money to cover us for the SC house for almost 14 months. Now if we have to pay both house payments out that account we'll have enough to pay for both house payment for just under 6 months. I am more than willing to put of school for a couple of months until we get the houses sold but would rather hope that I was working to cover only the one mortgage than both of them. Plus with the whole moving thing it would still be hard!

When we left SC we didn't sell the house because we didn't think we'd have time. Well guess what...we have the same amount of time this time around too! The one really good thing is the folks that are renting the place are really good friends of ours. They've already said that they would help us with the painting and stuff since we're in Texas. That means less money coming out of "the account" to fly the hubby there to do that. Plus we still have a bunch of friends there. I said if worse comes to worse I'll pay for a painting party B-B-Q to get all our friends there to do it for us.

We have some folks that Jobi and I know coming to look at the house we're living in next weekend. I am so hoping that they fall in love with it like we did and want to buy it. We haven't signed any paperwork with the realtor yet so *cross your fingers* if they like it she lowers the commission rate a bunch since she'd only really be working with the paperwork side of selling the house. We aren't like some of these dumb asses that try and sell their house for 20K more than it's worth. I figure if we price it right hopefully they'll just fly off the market.

Once can always have wishful thinking...right??????

No comments: