Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Joys of Outprocessing

Anyone that has PCS'd (Permanent Change of Station) knows that it can be a pain doing all the stuff the military wants you to do to get orders. I know know what it is like as a military member and dependent. I don't know which is easier but I know it's nice that as a dependent if I'm getting dicked around I can get loud and not get in trouble! Today the boys and I go to finish up our medical out-processing. Let me give you a little background on what we've gone through so far.

A couple of days after Jobi found out we were going to Alaska he went up to mental health to get the ball rolling on getting our medical out-processing done. All medical stuff goes through them when you're leaving. They gave him tons of forms that had highlighted stuff on there to fill out. They told him that we needed to bring it in when we were finished to get our "appointment" set up. Well, turns out that they are trying to save money so they don't even give us a form for each dependent, we have to make copies ourselves. Fine, whatever, I find the form numbers online and print out 2 extras. I fill everything out and bring it back. Oh, they say, you didn't take this to this office and this office and the school etc... Well, maybe people if you had told hubby that in the first place I may have done that. That's the first time I got semi-loud. So, they decided to keep 80% of the paperwork and send me on my way to go to all of these different places. Like the school. Now, it is school vacation and they want me to get paperwork signed. I asked what if there isn't anyone at the school...they said I'd have to go to the School Board! I don't know about you but I sure as hell wouldn't know how to find the school board! So, I do and go to all the places they told me I had to go. So try #2 to get our appointment. So the boys and I go in again. They then told me oh, you must not have been told that you have to take these 2 forms to primary care. Don't worry ma'am, we'll do it and then call you with an appointment day. (I knew that they were already full with appointments for the next 3 weeks.) So I told them that I wasn't leaving without an appointment. I was not going to cross my fingers that these people were going to do what they said. We waited for probably another 20 minutes and they finally gave us a date. Well that date is today.

So as I sit here typing this up I wonder what hell these folks are going to put us through. Again, thankfully I am a "dependant" and don't have to be quiet. And people wonder why all your medical out-processing is through Mental Health. Maybe because you have to go on anti-psychotic medication when you're done!

Wish me luck, I'm sure it's going to be a rollercoaster day!

No comments: