Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Last Day As A Tiger Den Leader

So today was our last Pack meeting. As you can see below my boys started out with their orange kerchiefs. In the picture you will see that we all have our faces painted. The different colors and stripes stand for different things in Cub Scouting. (Notice that my youngest has his face painted too even though he isn't in Scouts yet!)


Below is all of the boys, Tigers and Wolves, sitting at the "ceremonial" fire. (Don't you love how I made it! I'm such a dork, I know!) This is right before they transition to Wolves and Bears.


Finally, this is a picture of Oliver. Notice his kerchief?!? My boy has moved up in rank. He is now a Wolf Cub!


If you don't know who I am, you do now! This mom is also a Cub Scout Leader! And, because of lack of folks planning the ceremony I did. Leave this mom to work on it and see... your kids will end up with paint on their face and have to jump through the "ceremonial" water to get to a brave. LOL, I'm a big dork but my Cub Scouts love me and that's all that matters! I am really going to miss these kids when we go! I'm sure that I'll be a Leader/Co-Leader/Committee member when we get to Alaska but it will stink not to see these kids grow in Scouting. For those of you that didn't know, I was a Girl Scout growing up. I went all the way up till high school and even got my Silver Award. After graduating I became and Assistant Leader to one of my prior Leaders. How cool is that! After I joined the military and moved to England I was a Committee member and then a Leader over there. You just might say I have a bit of scouting in my blood!

If you've ever thought of having your child in scouts go for it! If you don't like the activities or what the kids are learning about then become a Leader and do your own thing! Like my mom always said...you won't find many kids that stayed in scouting NOT go to college or in the military and make something of themselves!

Oh, and the reason I say it is my last day as a Tiger Den Leader is because I'm sure I'll move up with Oliver to Wolves. And, I'm sure I'll be a Tiger Leader again...only 2 more years until Sebastion becomes a Scout!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG.. LOVE the photos, girl!! :)*Chrystal*