Sunday, June 29, 2008

What Men Are Told VS What They Hear

So the husband and I were talking about the trip to Alaska. Being that we've already been overseas we know what the military stance is on shipping a vehicle. One vehicle per family can get shipped at Government Expense. Doesn't really make sense since when you have a spouse they usually drive too but oh well. Not a big deal since we planned on driving there anyway.

Well, he told me that he has already spoken to TMO (Transportation Management Office) about us shipping a vehicle. He just tried to convince me that we have to do a partial dity move on my van...the vehicle we're driving to Alaska in. Now a dity move is an optional thing to do. This is basically when you get your vehicle weighed with nothing in it and then weighed again once you fill it up with household good. (Which I might add you have to pay to have it weighed!) Now before you even get to this step you have to fill out a crap load of paperwork to even get it approved. We only plan on bringing our luggage and any food/snacks/videos etc that we'll need on the trip. All of our household goods and other stuff will be picked up and shipped.

Now let me add that I am a prior Finance troop. That means that I have dealt with hundreds of other peoples vouchers plus I am a regulation queen that looks up everything! So I know that I'm not crazy. The husband said he's going to go talk to TMO again about it, like I don't know what I'm talking about. All I know is that we are only authorized 11,000 pounds of house stuff to send. I really don't think that we need to worry about trying to get more money with the little bit of stuff that we are driving up. I'm sure we'll probably be close to over our weight anyway! So it really cracks me up when they tell you what "they were told" vs what you know they heard!

No comments: